About TP-Link AC1900 Archer A8 Quick Installation Guide
TP-Link AC1900 Archer A8 Quick Installation Guide Free Download PDF. This manual contains procedure about how to install the router step by step. After finishing the installation, you can configure your router by view the TP-Link AC1900 Archer A8 User Manual.
Connect the Hardware
- If your internet comes from an Ethernet outlet, connect the router’s Internet port to it, then follow Step 4 and Step 5.
- If you want to configure this new router as an access point to extend your network, refer to the Access Point Mode section on the back page
- Unplug your modem, and remove the backup battery if it has one.
- Connect the powered-off modem to the router’s Internet port with an Ethernet cable.
- Power on the modem, and then wait about 2 minutes for it to restart
- Connect the power adapter to the router and turn it on.
- Check for the following LEDs to confirm the hardware connection, then refer to the next section to set up the internet.
Set Up the Network
Method 1: Via TP-Link Tether App
- Download the Tether app.
- Open the Tether app and log in with your TP-Link ID.
Note: If you don’t have an account, click Sign Up to create one first.
- Tap the button in the Tether app and select Router > Wireless Router. Follow the steps to complete the setup and connect to the internet.
Method 2: Via a Web Browser
- Connect your device to the router (wired or wireless).
Turn off the Wi-Fi on your computer and connect to the router using an Ethernet cable
- Find the SSID and wireless password printed on the label of the router.
- Click the network icon of your computer or go to Wi-Fi settings of your smart device, and then select the SSID to join the network.
- Connect the router to the internet.
- Launch a web browser, and enter http://tplinkwifi.net or http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar. Create a password to log in
- Follow the step-by-step instructions to set up the internet connection and register for the TP-Link Cloud service.
Access Point Mode
If you already have a router, you can switch this new router to an access point to extend your existing network. Follow the steps below.
- Power on the router.
- Connect the router’s Internet port to your existing router’s Ethernet port via an Ethernet cable as shown above
- Connect a computer to the router via an Ethernet cable or wirelessly by using the SSID (network name) and Wireless Password printed on the label at the bottom of the router.
- Launch a web browser, and enter http://tplinkwifi.net in the address bar. Create a password to log in.
- Run the Quick Setup, click Change Mode in the top right corner then select Access Point Mode.
Note: You can also go to Advanced > Operation Mode to switch to Access Point Mode.
- Wait for the router to reboot, then log in and follow the Quick Setup to complete the setup.
|TP-Link AC1900 A8||Quick Installation Guide|
|Model||AC1900, Archer A8|
|File pages||2 pages|
Download TP-Link AC1900 Archer A8 Quick Installation Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What should I do if I cannot access the web management page?
- Reboot your router and try again.
- If the computer is set to a static IP address, change its settings to obtain an IP address automatically.
- Verify that http://tplinkwifi.net is correctly entered in the web browser. Alternatively, enter http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 in the web browser and press Enter.
- Use another web browser and try again. Disable and enable the network adapter being used.
Q2. What should I do if I cannot access the internet?
- Reboot your modem and router, then try again.
- Check if the internet is working normally by connecting a computer directly to the modem using an Ethernet cable. If it is not, contact your internet service provider.
- Log in to the web management page of the router, and go to the Network Map to check whether the internet IP address is valid or not. If it is not, check the hardware connection or contact your internet service provider.
- For cable modem users, log in to the web management page of the router. Go to Advanced > Network > Internet > MAC Clone, select Clone Current Device MAC and click Save. Then reboot both the modem and the router.
Q3. How do I restore the router to its factory default settings?
- With the router powered on, use a pin to press and hold the RESET button on the back until all LEDs turn off.
- Log in to the web management page of the router, go to Advanced > System > Backup & Restore > Factory Default Restore, and click Factory Restore. The router will restore and reboot automatically.
Q4. What should I do if I forget my web management page password?
- If you are using a TP-Link ID to log in, click Forgot password on the login page and then follow the instructions to reset it.
- Alternatively, refer to Q3 to reset your router, then visit http://tplinkwifi.net to create a new login password.
Q5. What should I do if I forget my wireless network password?
- If you have not changed the default wireless password, it can be found on the label at the bottom of the router.
- Connect a computer directly to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- Log in to the router’s web management page at http://tplinkwifi.net, and go to Wireless > Wireless Settings to retrieve or reset your wireless password